Thursday, January 14, 2016

Bucky Lasek To Make Rally Debut in 2016

Speculation confirmed! The 2016 announcements just keep on coming. After spotting Bucky Lasek chasing the Subaru Rally Team across Maine and New Hampshire at the New England Forest Rally in June 2015, it was announced today that Lasek will make his rally debut at Sno*Drift Rally. His co-driver will be Craig Drew, who teamed with David Higgins in 2015 for their sensational Rally America winning sweep.

“Rally has always been one of the gnarliest forms of racing to me and it’s something I’ve always wanted to do. I can’t express how grateful I am for this opportunity and experience,” explained Lasek. “Sno*Drift will be a bit of a challenge for me as I have very little experience driving in the snow and with pace notes. Luckily I’ll have champion co-driver Craig Drew along my side to guide me and help me get me to the finish.” Higgins will be at the winter rally to coach Lasek in his first rally.

Lasek has driven for Subaru in Red Bull Global Rallycross since 2012, earning three podiums and a “Sportsman of the Year” award for the 2014 season. He will enter Sno*Drift in Super Production class with a Subaru WRX STI.

Celebrating its 50th anniversary, Sno*Drift will take place January 29-30 in northern Michigan’s Montmorency County, covering 130 miles in 17 snowy, icy rally stages – without studded tires. The first event on the Rally America calendar, the rally attracts a deep field of top national and international teams. Previous years overall winners have included Travis Pastrana / Christian Edstrom (2010), Antoine L’Estage / Nathalie Richard (2013), and repeat wins by Higgins/Drew in 2012, 2014, and 2015. More event information can be found on the Sno*Drift Rally site and Rally America.
Red Bull Global Rallycross in New York

_DSC0958 copy



from The Garage http://thegarageblog.com/garage/bucky-lasek-to-make-rally-debut-in-2016/
via IFTTT
from Tumblr http://peternpalmer.tumblr.com/post/137308767126
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment